Saturday, June 24, 2017

I'm official now!

Today, I got my official RAGBRAI rider packet. Inside were my bike rear plate, participant guide book, bike ID band, wrist band and a luggage tag for my duffel. There was also a voucher to redeem for my official 2017 patch. It's starting to get real.. just 4 weeks away!

I also went to DC this past week, and instead of letting all my training progress go to waste, I kept it up, taking 2 spin (cycling) classes at Golds gym, 3 yoga classes at Georgetown Yoga, paddling on the Anacostia River and walking over 15 miles. I'm in better shape then when I left town. The spin classes really boosted my cardio, and I was drenched and breathless at the end. The yoga classes gave me back lots of flexibility and core strength and worked out a hip kink I've had for months. Two hours of paddling a canoe was great for my shoulders and traps, a total upper body workout. Miles of walking from morning until night just allowed me to push myself when I was tired and move for 12 hours a day... that will come in handy during RAGBRAI too. On another note, while in DC, I passed a rare homeless person tent camp in a city park. One of the four tents there was the Ozark 2 person blue and grey tent I bought for RAGBRAI! Might be a stretch, but I'm guessing this must be a good tent and WATERPROOF if someone sleeps in it full time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment